Plogging Rochester #2 - An Environmental Scavenger Hunt
Time & Location
About the Event
Last time we collected over 400 lbs of trash in just one hour, lets see how much we can do this time!
What is Plogging? Plogging is a combination of jogging and picking up litter (Swedish: "plocka upp"). This Scandinavian fitness activity is #trending in the U.S. and was created by people who were fed up with seeing trash along their running routes and wanted to do something about it. We love our city and it's our responsibility to take care of it!
How does it work?
We're going to split into groups of 4-6 runners and go out for a 1 hour plogging run. Groups can go as far or short as they want, and all speeds are welcome! We will provide trash bags and vinyl gloves, and your team will pick up as much litter as possible. At the end of the hour, your team comes back to the store and we'll weigh the trash to see how much you collected! Prizes will be awarded to teams for different categories.
NEW THIS TIME:
- New trashy scavenger hunt items
- Post Plogging refreshments!
- New prize categories (see below)
- Most trash collected - team will get a one-of-a-kind trophy and a The Beer Market Rochester gift card!
Extra Prizes (Winning teams will get RRC gift cards):
- Best social media post while plogging
- Best plogging outfit (get creative!)
- Most distance run while plogging
More information on plogging can be found here: